magyar english
Körösvölgyi Látogatóközpont és Állatpark nyitva tartása
 
Széchenyi 2020 - KEHOP, GINOP pályázatok
 
A kastély és kertjének lakói
 
Szünidei Állatmustra
 
Interreg Román-Magyar pályázat
 
Keressen minket a Facebookon!
             
MEGVÁSÁROLHATÓ!
  
Védett természeti területek

Kultúrtörténeti értékek
Hasznos linkek

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                           

 

 

  

"A túzok határon átnyúló védelme Közép-Európában" LIFE+

 

 


   

        
 

 


   

 

 

 
Nemzeti Parki Termék Védjegy
 
 
NATURA 2000 fenntartási tervek
 
KVLKÁP
» Protected Areas » Nature Conservation Areas
Nature Conservation Areas
 

I. Dénesmajor Snail Woods Nature Reserve

The 5.1 hectares osiery (Salicetum) situated on the flood plain of river Fekete-Körös became a protected area in 1997 based on the snail fauna living in it. Twelve snail species have been identified in the area of the sanctuary. From point of view of nature protection the occurrence of the protected Banat snail (Chilostoma banatica) has got an outstanding importance. This species lives in a rather small range, which stretches from the Eastern and Southern Carpathian Mountains to the eastern edge of the Hungarian Great Plain. Its population and habitat are shrinking therefore the protection of its habitats is of special importance. In Hungary only some smaller populations of the species have been identified. They can reach Hungarian areas through the valleys of rivers Tisza, Maros and Körös. In the protected area there are several other rarities of mountain and hill snails which otherwise do not live in the Great Plain.

II. Szarvas Arboretum Nature Reserve

The Szarvasi Arboretum and its history are in close contact with its founders’ and their families’ history. At the beginning of the 19th century the landscape around Szarvas and Békésszentandrás was shaped primarily by the regular inundations of sinuous river branches of Körös. At this time the count József Bolza (1782-1862) and his wife, Anna Batthyány started the planting of trees on the area of the present Anna park in Szarvas. The Anna park and the stately home built in 1908 were inherited on the distaff side. At present the stately home is the office of the Körös-Maros National Park Directorate.Their youngest son, Peter Bolza built a countryseat and a park in Tiszakürt, which is known as Tiszakürti Arboretum nowadays. Their fifth son, Pál Bolza (1861-1947) inherited the stately home and domain in Szarvas. Together with these properties he got the grove and the wooded grassland located on the area of the present Arboretum from his uncle József Bolza. After the regulation of branches of river Körös Pál Bolza started the planting of trees on a large scale. The Arboretum became world famous under his supervision. In the last years of his life he conveyed his beloved garden to the Hungarian state. Nowadays this garden is one of the biggest and the most remarkable live tree collection in Hungary. The Arboretum of Szarvas has five collections of trees the total area of which is 92 hectares. The following three parts of the nationally protected garden can be visited: the ’Pepi garden’ founded by the count Pál Bolza, the Mittrowssky garden attached to the Arboretum in 1951 and the so-called kitchen garden. On the north the other half of the collection, the park woods and the stock plantation as well as the nursery that cannot be visited borders the Pepi garden.In the arboretum there are about 1,600 species of trees and bushes, or rather breeds and varieties. There are 1,200 leaved species (1,100 deciduous trees and 100 indecideous trees), 400 species of pines, mostly evergreens. There are only seven species, which lose needles in winter. Besides the primary collection of trees and bushes of the Arboretum there are 250 native and 52 introduced species of herbs as well as 211 species of mushrooms. The number of bird species is estimated to be about 100. The main task of the Arboretum is to preserve the plantstand as a national gene fund, the scientific research, training and propagation.

III. Szarvasi Historical Memorial Place Nature Reserve

The purpose of the nature conservation area is to preserve the statue built in the geographical centre of historical Hungary and its surroundings (the waterside area of backwater Holt-Körös) as well as the unity of culture and nature history of the site with due decorum. The geometrical centre of historical Hungary was determined by József Mihálfi (1838-1891) the teacher of the Secondary Grammar School of Szarvas, and the Kreszan windmill was appointed to be the site. However the windmill was pulled down on the turn of the 20th century, and the spot was marked by a millstone. The present windmill was constructed in 1940 using István Gödri’s designs.

   
 
2018. 05. 03. Print page
©2005 A KvVM
Természetvédelmi Hivatala
neosoft&design